Urban Model Comparison Paper: Phase 2 online
Grimmond CSB, M Blackett, MJ Best, J-J Baik, SE Belcher, J Beringer, SI Bohnenstengel, I Calmet, F Chen, A Coutts, A Dandou, K Fortuniak, ML Gouvea, R Hamdi, M Hendry, M Kanda, T Kawai, Y Kawamoto, H Kondo, ES Krayenhoff, S-H Lee, T Loridan, A Martilli, V Masson S Miao, K Oleson, R Ooka, G Pigeon, A Porson, Y-H Ryu, F Salamanca, G-J Steeneveld, M Tombrou, JA Voogt, D Young, N Zhang Initial Results from Phase 2 of the International Urban Energy Balance Comparison Project, International Journal of Climatology
LUMPS paper on early view
Loridan T, CSB Grimmond, BD Offerle*, DT Young, T Smith, L Jarvi, F Lindberg. Local-Scale Urban Meteorological Parameterization Scheme (LUMPS): longwave radiation parameterization & seasonality related developments Journal of Applied Meteorology & Climatology. * past member (IU)
LUCY v1.1 released: GUI
- Date: 2 Sept 2010
- Programme now at GUI (graphical User Interface)
- Manual: number of changes to go with the new interface
Date: 11 August 2010
- Programme now will create the directories where the files are to be written.
- Need to replace:
- • AHF_model_main_MCR.exe
- • MCRInstaller.exe
- All other files are the same as before
- Manual: main reference is now in press
LUCY – Anthropogenic heat flux- paper accepted (IJC)
Allen L*, F Lindberg, CSB Grimmond Global to city scale model for anthropogenic heat flux, International Journal of Climatology (accepted) * past MSc (EMMM) member of group
Pilps-urban: International Urban Energy Balance comparison paper 1
Grimmond CSB, M Blackett, M Best, J Barlow, JJ Baik, S Belcher, SI Bohnenstengel, I Calmet, F Chen, A Dandou, K Fortuniak, ML Gouvea, R Hamdi, M Hendry, T Kawai, Y Kawamoto, H Kondo, ES Krayenhoff, SH Lee, T Loridan, A Martilli, V Masson, S Miao, K Oleson, G Pigeon, A Porson, YH Ryu, F Salamanca, GJ Steeneveld, M Tombrou, J Voogt, D Young, N Zhang (2010) The International Urban Energy Balance Models Comparison Project: First results from Phase 1 Journal of Applied Meteorology & Climatology, 49, 1268-92, doi: 10.1175/2010JAMC2354.1 pdf
AMS 9th Symp. Urban Environment, August 2–6, 2010 Keystone, Colorado
- Grossman-Clarke S, JA Zehnder, T Loridan, S Grimmond Contribution of Land use changes to near surface air temperatures during recent summer extreme heat events in the Phoenix metropolitan area , USA (poster)
- Erell E, I Eliasson, S Grimmond, B Offerle, T Williamson Incorporating spatial & temporal variations of advected moisture in the Canyon Air Temperature (CAT) model
- Hendry MA, MJ Best, M Gouvea, CSB Grimmond, A Porson: International Urban Energy Balance Comparison Project: JULES-URBAN models, any winners?
- Gouvea ML, CSB Grimmond Spatially integrated measurements of sensible heat flux using scintillometry
- Gouvea ML, CSB Grimmond, MJ Best Evaluation of the surface parameterization JULES across a range of urban environments with varying vegetation plan area fractions.
- Järvi L, S Grimmond, T Loridan T Oke, A Christen, B Crawford, Urban water balance In Vancouver: assessing the impact of changing land cover.
- Loridan T, CSB Grimmond, BD Offerle, DT Young, TEL Smith & L Järvi, Recent developments & evaluation of the LUMPS-NARP urban land surface scheme
- Loridan T, CSB Grimmond, S Grossman-Clarke, F Chen, M Tewari, K Manning, A Martilli, H Kusaka, M Best, The single-layer urban canopy model in WRF V3.2: recent amendments & offline evaluation using the MOSCEM optimization algorithm with field observations.
- Järvi L, CSB Grimmond Single-source urban evaporation-interception scheme (SUES-2): recent developments
- Kotthaus S, S Grimmond Surface Energy Balance Observations & Carbon Dioxide Exchange in the Centre of an European City